1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you have health insurance through Costco?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by sunnysandiegan, Feb 15, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, I live in California and I like the coverage.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I live in California and I do not like the coverage.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I do live in California, but I do not qualify or I didn't know anything about it or any other re

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I do not live in California.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

I am curious if anyone here has health insurance through Costco and if you have any experiences to share (good or bad).

(As of right now, it is only available in CA.)

Thanks!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No...I live in California and have health insurance through my work. It's Kaiser.

I don't know what Costco is offering but my guess is that if you don't have any coverage it's probably better than nothing and won't force you to live in a cardboard box.

My parents currently have Blue Cross and have been complaining about the rates continueing to go up and the coverage covering less and less. They are Costco members and may eventually look into changing. I know they've asked me about my Kaiser coverage.

At some point I may have to look into Costco as well. When I retire I won't have any health coverage any more. So I can either pay for some sort of Kaiser plan out of my own pocket or I can get something else. I need health coverage. An emergency appendectomy showed me I need health care. I also take medication and will for the rest of my life. So I need a good prescription plan. Kaiser is great. $5 per prescription/refill.