1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you know a good Chicagoland Prius dealer?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by LakeshorePrius, Sep 24, 2007.

1. LakeshorePrius

LakeshorePrius New Member

I am interested in buying a Prius (Package #2) and am wondering if anyone in the Chicago area (I'm in Hyde Park) can recommend a good dealer and salesperson. I had a not so great experience (high pressure sales) a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd look for a recommendation. Also, how much do you think I should expect to pay for a Package#2 Prius? [I'm new to this website, so I apologize if I've posted incorrectly or in the wrong place!]

Thanks for your advice.

2. KFERN

KFERN New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LakeshorePrius @ Sep 24 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]516901[/snapback]</div>

Im Kevin Fernquist sales manager at Grossinger Toyota I have a red #2
    prius. $22818.00 Dont know if you bought yet? Give me a call 847-745-4398

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey LakeShore. Welcome to PriusChat.

Kevin's more than just trolling for sales. As a Prius owner and friend of the Chicago Prius Group, he knows the car and can answer any question honestly and knowledgeably.

I - and other members here - can offer individual positive experiences with Kevin and Grossinger.

4. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 30 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]519416[/snapback]</div>
    I'm one of those people. Kevin (along with TJ) sold me my Prius a year ago this past August. Since that time he has been responsive to my questions & continually helpful. It is nice to find a salesman whose job isn't over when the sale has been made.

That said, LakeShorePrius, I have no idea what that a package #2 should cost. What I do know is that you should purchase the Toyota warranty (if you want one) via PriusChat. It is an authentic Toyota warranty but costs a lot less that most dealerships quoted me.

5. popzkulpa

popzkulpa New Member

Dealer

Elmhurst is very good

6. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I'd stay away from elmhurst if you haven't bought yet, but thats personal stories there. Haven't bought anything from grossinger, but they are AWESOME to talk to.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can speak from personal experience and say Grossinger is great to work with.

Thanks again for my car, Grossinger!

8. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We continue to regret the day we walked into Grossinger. We were overcharged and lied to repeatedly. We were patient and understanding to a fault. Despite many promises, they never, made good.

Suggest you stay far, far away from this awful company.

9. rodbuster

rodbuster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Anybody else have any input on where to get a good deal in the Chicagoland area?

10. 911turbox50

911turbox50 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They all seem a little shady!! I bought mine from Jermaine or Termaine?? He's a rookie salesman, i like to help the underdog!! His number is 312-981-5000. Pm me and ill give you his cell number...i think hes from the southside.... Hope this helps you out...

11. MPGsnob

MPGsnob New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I would NOT buy ANYTHING (minus crack cocaine, if I were a druggie) from a whitesox fan.

If you dont mind driving south a few hours, KC SUMMERS in Mattoon is an amazing dealership.:rofl:

12. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got mine at Grossinger City Toyota (on Wells St. in Chicago) and couldn't be any happier. They gave me the cheapest price and nobody could match it...I shopped around. If you are interested in my salesman PM me.

13. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have purchased my Prius at Orland Toyota. It is a very reputable dealer. I bought it at list price in April.I purchase there before. They informed me at the time other Toyota dealers were already charging over MSRP. I don't know what the current climate is in Chicago to buy this car but by the time I picked up in May the dealer told me all the salesmen kept lists of cstomers wanting Prius'. :usa2:

14. roadkill

roadkill New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree that Kevin Fernquist at Grossinger Toyota North is worth talking to. However

AVOID GROSSINGER CITY TOYOTA AT ALL COST

Statement Regarding Grossinger City Toyota

July 30, 2009

Male salesman told me they had Prius 2 in Blue, Silver and White. I agreed to purchase Blue. Female finance person called me back and told me they only had black.

Accidentally called them back while going down a dealer list. Person who identified himself as Phil said they had Blue, Silver, White and Black. I agreed to purchase blue, provided info for financing. Deal on.

Called back, asked for Phil, told that nobody named Phil works there. Called back, told that Phil was on a test drive. Called back, told that Phil was with a customer. Called back, told there is no Phil.

Talked to impatient, condescending person who identified himeself as Ray the sales manager. Told me he was there when they called me to tell me black only. Told me they do have White, Silver, Black.

Asked to talk to adult in charge. Talked to Brian, who claimed to be general manager. Uninterested in the multiple failures I described. Brian says no employee named Phil.

Called back. Asked for Phil. Put on hold. Told that Phil was paged but he did not respond. Called back, talked to Ray. Ray bulls*itted me some more. Finally gave up.

Throughout this process, I was encouraged to come in immediately to do a deal. Searched for online reviews and found that my experience is not unusual. I now realize that their intent was to bait me to visit the dealership and switch me to another vehicle.

15. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Avoid Lombard and Westmont. Lombard seemed way too hungry for a sale and wouldn't even talk about ordering a car (meaning securing one from a future delivery).

Westmont salesman wanted to sell me a level VI. When I told him there was no VI, he told me not to believe everyone else. When discussing their incoming stock, I had to inform him the level I wasn't out yet as well (he was expecting those soon). Morons.

I ended up at Elmhurst. I paid full sticker, but there were no add-ons or heavy sales tactics (other than the obligitary visit to the office where they try to up your warranty to 7 years for another $985). I haven't yet had the car serviced, so the jury is out on that.

16. KFERN

KFERN New Member

Hello Chicago

As of 9-03-09 I have
    Prius 4 Barcelona Red
    Prius 4 Sandy Beach
    Prius 5-NV Winter Gray
    Prius 4-SR Barcelona Red

Kevin Fernquist 847-745-4426
    Grossinger Toyota Sales Manager:welcome:

17. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had an excellent buying experience with Allen at Libertyville Toyota. Very understanding & patient. Bob, the GM and Magda in Finance were also wonderful. Can't recommend them highly enough!

18. rctech

rctech Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I purchased my 2010 Model III Sandy Beach from City Grossinger about 3 months ago, right before they moved to their new facilities (from Wells to Fremont, which is an awesome facility). Worked with Reuben, absolutly no problems, misdirections, or high pressure. Bought it for MSRP (minus the subsidy for my 13yr old clunker). No regrets.

rich