1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you know if all Generation One Prius cars sold in US meet California Smog Standards

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Priusito, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Priusito

Priusito Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If I buy used Generation One Prius out of state can I register this car in California? This is for 2001-2003 Generation One models. I found few good deals outside of California.

Thank you in advance for your replay.

2. Bruce Berquist

Bruce Berquist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    As far as I have learned, all 01 - 03 Gen1 were built to meet California requirements.

There were relatively few manufactured compared to the release of following generations.

Be aware that many of them have had cats replaced by now, and many of those may not have the OEM California spec cats on them.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Torrance California Toyota design in Torrance was pretty much where this car was designed I certainly hope all of them are whatever would meet California emission standards as the car was designed out west for that market generally speaking Torrance had a big to do with this first generation model. That I remember very much

4. Priusito

Priusito Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you