1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you park next to other Prius vehicles?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jim0266, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jim0266

jim0266 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Out and about yesterday I was about to pull into a parking spot when I noticed another silver Prius a row over. I had to park next to it instead... :rolleyes:

As I pulled in I noticed a red Prius right in front of me:

[​IMG]

Am I alone in this behavior? Maybe I'm still in the new owner stage. :)

2. PeteSJCA

PeteSJCA 2013 Prius Plug-In Base in Winter Gray

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nope, you're not alone. My Prius is 14 months old and it likes to park with other Priuses (?) especially if they're red!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim0266 @ Sep 17 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]513669[/snapback]</div>

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I park where ever I can find a convenient spot.

4. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are not alone - I park next to Prius, unless there is a Hummer to park next to - just to get their goat!

5. echase

echase New Member

I park in the shade. Sometimes on the other side of the bulding/parking lot/county. Cuts down on AC usage.

If I'm in a hurry, I will back into the spot in front of the store to show of my "KICKGAS" plate. It's amazing how many laughs that plate gets, I'm always seeing people smiling/pointing in my rearview.

6. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like parking next to other Prii simply because there is more space! B)

The Prius is nice and narrow, so there's usually more room between Prii when parked in a lot.

I avoid parking next to big cars because when I come back, there is inevitably a new scratch or ding on my door from the inconsiderate big car owner. :angry:

7. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    > Do you park next to other Prius vehicles?

Your post title is grammatically incorrect... should be "Do you park next to other Prii?" :p

And, yes, I do. And hummers or Ford Expeditions if no hybrids available.

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's Rudy, parked next to a lovely black Prius, with trim rings removed!, at the Trader Joe's in Federal Way, yesterday afternoon:
    [​IMG]

When we came out from the store, the black one was gone, and there was a [salsa?] red across from Rudy... not next to him, for some reason. I didn't get a shot of that one.

9. timbobo3

timbobo3 Junior Member

I like parking next to silver ones so the other owners are confused and try to get into mine. Twice now I have opened other owners' cars by mistake (not locked) and been confused by foreign materials in "my"car. Now I am on the offensive. Only my car is always locked. That will make some people mad thinking their fobs are bad! :lol:

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The government department I work for have several Prius iTech. There are 2, a silver and a black one based where I'm based, sometimes I park along side them.
    [​IMG]
    By patsparks at 2007-09-05
    [​IMG]
    By patsparks at 2007-09-18

11. jim0266

jim0266 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    What is it with Trader Joe's and Prii?

I changed to the plural syntax for Edselpdx. ;)

[​IMG]

12. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If I notice another Prius in the parking lot, and if there is a spot right next to it, I will park there...for two reasons alone....hoping that they are as careful as I am opening and closing the car doors, and to show off mine :) I am the one with the tinted windows, my hood (Toyota) deflector, side window deflectors, and my painted wheel rings on my Goodyear TT's. I am the "better looking one". :D

13. try2hard

try2hard New Member

Hi. Where was this at? I live in Ashtabula County and whenever I commute to Cleveland, I always see more Prius than I do in little old Ashtabula County. I go to Beachwood Place Mall and Legacy Village quite often and I just LOVE to park next to other Priuses! LOL

--Nick

14. jim0266

jim0266 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick Dearing @ Sep 18 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]514269[/snapback]</div>
    Nick,

This was at Legacy Village, close to the Apple Store.

A few months ago were were at the Diana exhibit at the WRHS in Cleveland and we were the third Prius parked on the street within a stone's throw.

Way up there in Ashtabula County do you hammered by the Lake Effect snow? How has your Prius handled in the snow up there? My wife is concerned about that since she is the M-F driver of the car.

--Jim