1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Do you suffer from IED?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 7, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

Tell us your story.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 7 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]267379[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I do. Every time someone disses my country - especially if they are not a citizen here :rolleyes:

Or when Jihad Jack Murtha tries and convicts his fellow US Marines of War Crimes before the investigation is complete, or they get a chance to defend themselves - lights my fuse.

Or when people want to confer US Constitutional rights on people like those found in GITMO while refusing to grant the above mentioned US Marines theirs that they are rightly due - lights my fuse red hot.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 7 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]267385[/snapback]</div>
    Well, isn't that curious. Do you think maybe other people, perhaps from other countries, might feel the same way?

4. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 7 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]267392[/snapback]</div>
    He suffers from Internet Explosive Disorder :)

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 7 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]267392[/snapback]</div>
    I hope people feel the same way about their country as I do about mine - I would never leave this country and would defend it to the death. What say you?

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You get IED when other people dis your country, but it's perfectly alright for you to dis theirs? I'm thinking back to your rabidly anti-Canadian "Al Qaeda and Terror in Canada", and trying to reconcile that with your comments in this thread.

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 7 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]267398[/snapback]</div>
    Cool! I bet you could find at least one troup in Iraq that would let you take his place. :)

In answer to your question, absolutly, to a legal and just cause.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i had IED in college. mainly when drunk in a bar, and a certain one of my friends would start some sh!t with some 6 foot tall 240 lb chick or the like. my job was to get the big girl to back off.

i don't bother with IED on the internet anymore. life's too short :)

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Jun 7 2006, 10:14 PM) [snapback]267649[/snapback]</div>
    I think that's an excellent idea. There are Marines in Iraq that are serving their second or even third tour there. dbermanmd, why don't you go suit up and let one of these troops come home?
    What's that- you have a job, family, responsibilities? So did a lot of those reservists who didn't bargain on being away from home for so long.
    Think you're too old for that? A 52-year old grandmother in the Navy Reserves was called up and sent to Iraq.
    You're not trained for this stuff? A lot of the reservists and National Guard troops that were sent there had very little training. You'll pick it up as you go along ("OJT", they call it in the military- "on the job training".) I just saw on one of your posts that you have a gun, so you have a leg up on some of these folks who have never been taught how to shoot. And you're (allegedly) a physician, which would make you a valuable asset; what with all these troops being blown up by IEDs (that's Improvised Explosive Devices, not Internet Explosive Disorder).
    You always talk about your unending support for the war in Iraq, you dis other people for doing nothing to defend their country- so what say you, doc; are you man enough to go to war in defense of your country?

And if you're there and you find that you're lacking sufficient motivation to fire on the enemy, just pretend that they're liberals- or Canadians.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 7 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]267379[/snapback]</div>
    I am more concerned about CCEVD, Constant & Continuous Explosive Verbal Disorder, a common disorder among liberals. Especially after losing elections as they will soon do again and again and again unless they get a clue. :lol:

Wildkow

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

"I would never leave this country and would defend it to the death. What say you?"

Only because no other country would take you :)

12. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 8 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]267827[/snapback]</div>
    Cranial Rupture Among the Peremptory (CRAP) strkes 1 in 1 Conservatives unless preventive measures are taken to keep the ego in check: thinking about what will happen when reality of massive debt built up in only a few years sinks in with the public and no Conservative will be elected Dog Catcher again, let alone any job dealing with people, helps.

People in the final stages of CRAP, where the ego is about to cause the skull to give way, always have a comeback ready, but never one that makes true financial sense for the masses. "Trickle-down economics" where things will get better if the rich get richer, etc...

Oh, http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/peremptory and see #3...

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 8 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]267853[/snapback]</div>
    A fine example of CCEVD.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 8 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]267853[/snapback]</div>
    Now that you live here in the United States and are willing to take from it - are you willing to defend it to if you were ever called upon or would you ever offer your services to her in her defense - or are you just being parasitic?

I think there are a number of countries that would prefer me - maybe even instead of you - at least I would be willing to defend that country that offered me the rights and liberties I would seek - what say you -- is there anything you would be willing to do for country, even the USA??

Maybe our borders and policies of immigration are too porous?? We should look for those willing to give and not just take. Those that think we are a force for good and not evil. That honor and respect the constant battle and struggle we are in to defend our ways of life and governance.

Have you ever honored those that have served? Or are they just fools in your opinion? How about those Vietnam Vets - I am assuming more of your generation than mine - because I would never have spit on them or called them "baby killers" like you might have (did you?).

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 8 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]267890[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, if:

1. You believe that the war in Iraq is a just and necessary war, and is being conducted in the defense of the U.S. from terrorists, and

2. You are "willing to defend that country that offered me the rights and liberties I would seek", which apparently makes you, in your mind, of superior moral character to all the "parasitic" liberals, and

3. The military is in desparate need of additonal personnel if it has any hope of sustaining the current effort (that is a given),

Then why aren't YOU serving in Iraq? What say you -- what are you doing for your country?

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 8 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]267912[/snapback]</div>
    You are in fact wrong - military retention rates have never been higher and all services are at predicted strength levels

How about letting you buddy answer my questions above - I am sure he can defend himself?

And I would serve if called upon - thanks - would you again?

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 8 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]267912[/snapback]</div>
    You are sooo full of it, you've actually crossed into the "CRACKA" category in my book. Mind you, there's only ONE other CRACKA on my CRACKA list from this site, it's pretty tough to make, but this post just nails it.

Why don't YOU answer what YOU'VE done against the war more or less EQUIVALENT to SERVING.... ...and sending 5 letters and standing in a few rallies does not equate to military service....

Huh? What say YOU? You've been running your mouth a-la michael moore style, well here's your chance to shut us all up and put your money were your mouth is and show us just how much of an ardent anti-war supporter YOU are. So post up, what have YOU done against the war akin to military service?

So c'mon, be like THE ROCK, and LAY THE SMACK DOWN on our CANDY A$$ES!

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow! a straightforward question about a medical condition morphs into a political flame war without even generating one single actual response.

I don't suffer from IED, but I knew a guy who did. He was a guest at the homeless shelter where I worked as a volunteer 12 to 15 hours a week for five years. He was homeless because of his explosive temper. He was a competent worker in a variety of low-skill manual jobs, and he'd get a job and do well at it and get good marks for the quality of his work. And then he'd explode for no apparent reason and get in a fight with his boss or a co-worker, and be fired. The trigger was none of the political kinds of issues people here go ballistic over. It would be some minor frustration. Once he was working on his car, and when something didn't go quite right he exploded in rage at the car, got out his shotgun, and shot his own car. He was aware of his illness, and had learned to control it sometimes, but other times it still got the better of him. He became a tramp because he made so many enemies that he could not stay long in one place. A very sad case.

I lose my temper sometimes, as many here on this board do. But real IED is something different, much more serious, and life-destroying.

19. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 7 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]267398[/snapback]</div>
    My grandparents loved their country, Lithuania, but were forced by economic conditions to emigrate. They chose to come to the USA, and raise children to be Americans. They loved the USA even though they also stayed in touch with their ethnic culture. I'm proud to be the descendant of immigrants - we're a nation of immigrants, and we've built a fine country.

20. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Jun 8 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]268347[/snapback]</div>
    :eek:

My grandparents did too! I was in Vilnius/Kaunas for the summer of 2000, 2001 (my dad died there on vacation, he was Lithuanian too...)