1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Documents/Papers you receive when you buy

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by dzongrila, Jan 1, 2010.

1. dzongrila

dzongrila New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Friends, Wishing everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year !!! Just purchased a 2010 Prius Trim III (base) yesterday. I am yet to pick up the car as I left it with the dealer to get the tint done (absolutely must in AZ). :)

So I don't have the manual, quick reference guide guide, keys etc. with me. I'll also get the temporary registration, license plate etc. But I think as far as the documents are concerned, I've hardly got anything. Currently with me, I've got only three signed papers:

a) Secure Odometer disclosure
    b) A paper showing the tint I am getting (free of cost)
    c) A copy of the paper showing the details of the payment

Is that all one is supposed to get? Am I missing something? Can you share what kind of papers you received when you bought your car?

My apologies if this topic has been already discussed, but I couldn't find the link.

2. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You should get at least the following, but since you didn't take delivery of the car I suspect that it will be occuring when you pick up the car after the tinting process:
    Bill Of Sale (Showing total cost, Tax etc)
    Financing Documentation (Lease, Purchase if financed)
    Odometer Statement (If you traded in a car??)
    Owners Manuals, Warranty, Tire Warranty
    2 Key Fobs
    Registration & License Plate Paperwork (as deeemed by your state)
    Arbitration Procedure information
    New Car Checklist from the Dealership
    Also Ask for your Window Sticker

There are other things but these are the most apparent as I recall

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You should also be able to get a copy of the invoice & certificate of origin. Sounds like you didn't pay for the car. All the documents are received when the car is bought. Took about 2 hours.

4. dzongrila

dzongrila New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, I did pay the entire amount - 2K by CC and the rest by check. I didn't collect the keys and the manuals etc. (the package) since I am yet to pick up the car. I left it with the dealer for tinting. I'll probably pick it up today (Saturday).

5. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bought a different make from a dealer who mailed nearly everything afterward, when they prepared the title info for DMV. Just ask.

6. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It will vary from dealer to dealerand in accordance with the different state regulations. In PA, my dealer had me sign a power of attorney, allowing him to do all the state required regulations in my behalf.

7. dzongrila

dzongrila New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also signed the power of attorney papers. This is so that the dealer can apply for license plates and registration on my behalf (since I've already paid for it). That way DMV will directly mail me the plate and the papers.

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats dzongrila.

I'm going to send you a Private Message with links to the Owner's Manual and Navigation Manual (even though it sounds like you don't have Navigation) on pdf.

pdfs of the Manuals are very handy. You can do word and phrase searches, and usually find what you're looking for much faster than if you were to search the hard copies (which can be difficult because of poor organization, poor indexing and great bulk -- the Owner's Manual is over 600 pages and the Navigation Manual is over 300 pages).