1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does #7 have self-levelling headlights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rerstad, Sep 16, 2004.

1. rerstad

rerstad New Member

When I got my #7 the dealer pointed out how nice is was to have the HID headlights. I mentioned "and the automatic levelling." He said he knew that came with the #9 but he didn't think it was on the #7. I can't find anything clear on this. What's the scoop?

2. jchu

jchu New Member

My understanding was that if you got HID headlights thet autoleveling automatically came with it. That is the case for the 2005 model year for sure. (The AM package aka #7 in '04 is now aka #4 in '05 model year)

3. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The auto levelling with the HID headlights is federal law due to the intensity of the light output.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HIDs and the autolevel is great. Too bad i live in an are with rolling hills. I blind people when i go up the hill and over the hills. hehe.. opps.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's why I'd rather have regular headlights. I don't like to blind the on-coming drivers, and I hate it when they blind me (as very often happens!)

6. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

Honestly, I don't think HIDs are annoying at all. I don't notice them unless they are those cheap ones people put on their ricers; they aren't actually HIDs anyway... I find the standard lights on vehicles like the Hummer far more annoying because they are higher.
    But yes to your question, any package with HID has the autoleveling feature.