1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anybody have the Toyota wind deflectors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Habu, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Habu

Habu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking of getting some Toyota wind deflectors but I'm unsure as to any benefits. Do they make any difference to noise in the car at motorway speed and are they principally to allow the windows to be opened slightly without getting buffeted?

Cheers

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Habu @ Nov 22 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]353173[/snapback]</div>
    I have had the toyota wind deflectors for about 3 years. They do reduce the wind buffeting at speed however the really work great in the summer by allowing me to leave all 4 windows down an inch or so to allow the hot air to escape.

3. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Habu @ Nov 22 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]353173[/snapback]</div>
    These were the first "mods" I purchased. "Save the interior...save the car."

4. mrg

mrg Member

I have put them on my 2001 Ford 4 door truck, 2002 Suburban, 2005 Murano and now on my 2007 Prius.

They all so defect rain and deflect some sun as they are tinted. I would have gotten the dark ones, if I were to do it over again. The afternoon sun light is on the drivers side.

I had some trouble installing the left rear deflectors metal clip. I ask help on another post "window side deflectors". I had misunderstood the instructions. WeatherTech replaced the one I broke the lip on at no charge. I am not sure why they use to metal clips on the Prius rear windows. weathertech only uses double sided tape on the Murano rear window.

I am very pleased with the deflection of wind, rain and sun. :)