1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Anyone Else Play "Prius Punch"?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HybridKingdom, Jul 17, 2009.

1. HybridKingdom

HybridKingdom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As is typically the case, when I purchased my first Prius (one month ago) I began seeing more of them on the road. My wife, kids and I started playing a game we call "Prius Punch" - similar to Slug Bug. For a while we were also calling it Prius Pinch and Prius Poke, but those became too painful. :)

Anyway, I learned that we didn't create this game...there is a reference to it online from a few years ago. I just wondered if you and your friends/family play something similar? I wrote a blurb about it on Prius3.com as well. I imagine in some states and cities it would simply be too dangerous, as you can't go anywhere without seeing one!

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No. But I have been noticing them a lot more. Also sharpening my skills as identify the generation as they fly by.

If I let my kids get away with hitting I would be black and blue!

Peter

3. HybridKingdom

HybridKingdom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree with you there. Thankfully my kids take it easy on me...my wife still enjoys packing a little more punch though. :)

To me, it seems the easiest way to quickly tell the difference between Gen II and Gen III is the taillights. The new model's remind me of a boomerang from the side, while the previous ones are more straight. What is your strategy for identifying them?

4. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Too many around these parts to play the punch game. A few months ago I played another game where I counted how many Gen II's were on my 6 mile commute. I counted 23.