1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have a pic of a TPMS?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Sep 19, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Ok guys, I saw a kewl wheel from a local custom wheel & tire dealer here in Youngstown, Ohio. Problem is, I think it's a tad on the heavy side. I wish I had a scale to weigh the wheel, nor could they give me a weight on it. I tried lifting it and maybe, just maybe the wheel (without the tire) weighs about 17lbs? That seems to be the average weight on these 17 inchers. Anyway, they quoted me a total (with tax, installation and balancing) of $860! That's darn cheap! But, I need to get those TPMS from Toyota. But before I do, I wanted to know if anyone has a pic of them because then I'll be able to know for sure if it'll fit these new wheels.

I know they are heavy wheels, but I'm just planning to really use them during the Summertime. And, I do not commute that far to and from work. I know some of you have said I may take a 4-7mpg loss, but heck...the Prius gives me way good mpg already and if I average 30some mpg on these new wheels, then that's ok by me I guess.

Vince.

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Sep 19 2006, 05:49 AM) [snapback]321614[/snapback]</div>
    Here is a drawing of the sending unit which mounts in each wheel. Note the angle that it fits. If the wheel you are considering has a different angle for mounting the valvle stem this sending unit combined with a valve stem may not fit. Note also you may not need to purchase new sending units if they do fit. You may be able to transfer those from your car to the new wheels. That would save you about $104.00 per wheel.

Attached Files:

3. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Sep 19 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]321641[/snapback]</div>

Thanks soooooo very much for sending the diagram! I will print this out and take it to the tire place.

Vince. :D

4. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I posted one a few weeks back.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=22692

America's Tire that replaced my faulty tire was well aware of the sensor. I guess they've done quite a few Toyota wheels and even recognized the alloy wheel as from a Prius when I rolled it into their showroom.