1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have any experience with "Hybrid Technologies, Inc"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by paulccullen, Feb 15, 2007.

1. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A friend of mine is looking at getting an EV, and is curious about Hybrid Technologies Inc. http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/ Their EV conversion of the European Smart Car looks really cool.

They appear to make BEVs, not HEVs (in spite of their name) using Lithium battery technology, but I can't find out much detail about the company or their technology

I googled around without much luck, and searching for "hybrid technologies" here on PC is strangely unsatisfying. Go figure :blink:

Does anybody have any juicy info on the company and/or their technology, or any other advice for someone wanting an EV?

-- Apart from the ubiquitous "your friend should get a Prius". You'd be preaching to the choir since we're a two-Prius family here. But my friend is looking for something that doesn't use any gasoline, something different, more eclectic, less mainstream (yes, the Prius is becoming mainstream, especially here in Seattle).

TIA

Paul.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member