1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have experience with Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Columbia MD

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by fireclown, Sep 21, 2010.

1. fireclown

fireclown New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am considering having an independent garage work on my trusty '02 prius. I see that there is one in my area, but the google ratings for them are terrible. Has anyone had any work done by them?

2. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    fireclown,

If the ratings for that shop are so terrible, why would you even consider getting any work done by them? If you are a AAA member or have a friend who is, I would obtain the AAA list of approved repair shops. I think they do a pretty thorough investigation of each shop before they get added to their "approved" list.

It seems you have an AAA office located right in your town at 1580 Wesel Blvd., Valley Park Commons Shopping Center, Suite #9 (Ph# is 240-313-7009). Mayabe you can just call them for a few recommendations without having to be a member.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

3. fireclown

fireclown New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Money, mostly. I have this creeping feeling that my dealership is robbing me blind and I'm looking for independent shops that work on hybrids. This one seems to be the only one in Maryland.

I was looking for any input from the local hybrid community on the matter. That's it.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Google Maps shows Hagerstown MD is about 70 miles from:

Hillmuth Certified Automotive
    6810 Oak Hall Lane
    Columbia MD 21045
    410-381-1124
    [email protected]

The are listed by Craig's training group as having hybrid training and certainly worth a call.

Bob Wilson

5. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I checked the BBB and they rate Hillmuth an "A" (1 resolved complaint in 3 years).