1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone have package #8?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by n3ok318, May 20, 2004.

1. n3ok318

n3ok318 New Member

I am planning on getting a Prius. I want a #8 but my region from toyota website doesn't have #8. It only has #3, 5, 7, and 9. I was told from dealer that I can place order on #8. Is that true? Thanks!

2. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

You can place an order for whatever you want. However don't expect to recieve one that isn't available on their website under "build your own" until demand slows down (mid-late 05 is my guess)

3. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had ordered a package 8. When all I saw coming through the dealer lot were 9's, I modified my order to include package 8 or 9.

4. n3ok318

n3ok318 New Member

I see.. Does anyone have package 8 in WA?

5. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

WA... no

My dealer's TRAC car here in Virginia is an 8

Chris

6. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

I was waiting for a package #9. However, the dealer had a cancellation on a Seaside #8 so I took it. The HID, curtin airbags, and homelink sure would be nice!

7. Mike N

Mike N New Member

I am In Los Angeles. Ordered a silver package #9, but a silver #8 came in so I jumped on (in) it. The HomeLink is no big deal, side curtain air bags, no big deal, auto dimming mirror, over priced, but I would have liked the HID headlights. Overall I don't think it's worth the difference they charge for the #9 over the #8. The trick is getting the opportunty to buy either one! If the only thing holding you back from getting one now is the accessory package but the color is right, get off your butt and write the check. If you don't buy it when the opportunity presents itself, somebody else is waiting in a long line behind you to buy it now. Who knows when the "right" one will show up and maybe the dealership's owner has somebody else in mind to give the "rignt" one to.

8. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

What does package #8 cost?

Chris

9. n3ok318

n3ok318 New Member

Weird, buyatyota doesn't have #8 as an option in Ca. I guess all the options are available then even if the website doesn't say so right?

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

As described in this PriusChat thread, between the web site and discussions with various dealers, there are some packages that are not offered in some regions of the U.S.

In Seattle, at least for the 2004 Prius, only packages 1, 7 and 9 (and maybe 5 -- have heard it both ways) are supposed to be available. Don't know if this would open up when the 2005 "model year" starts up.