1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone know how to install factory 6disc cahnger?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by agron1979, Jul 11, 2007.

1. agron1979

agron1979 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to install the factory 6disc changer for an 05 Prius. I know it goes in the lower compartment, but I wanted to know if I had to take the whole dash apart? Is it really difficult? Can it be done easily or should I take it too a custom radio shop and have them install it for me? I searched the entire forum, but couldn't find any detailed installation guides you know, with pics :unsure:

2. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agron1979 @ Jul 11 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]477264[/snapback]</div>
    There's an excellent document by Chris Dragon called "Stereo Accessory Installation Guide" which should help (it has great step-by-step instructions will lots of pictures):

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/chris-dragon-dash.pdf

3. agron1979

agron1979 Junior Member

Thanks a lot for your response...sure looks like a lot of work just to install a 6disc changer...why couldn't they make the dash disassembly easy like in my fathers 98 Camry. I took me no more than 20 minutes to install a factory in-dash changer in his car, but in my Prius it looks like a couple of hours job:(

4. chuck_k

chuck_k New Member

Follow Chris's instructions. It takes only a few minutes to get the ENTIRE dash apart. It's no big deal. Three screws, yank some panels, and you're there where you can pull the radio and the MFD right out.

First time, start to finish, you'll spend an hour total. After that, if you have to go back in for something, 10 minutes. It's brutally simple.