1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone use a Nokia non-smartphone with the "premium HDD nav" hands free?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Matt M., Mar 14, 2012.

1. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my 2012 Prius Four with solar roof package 1 1/2 weeks ago. I love the car, but I have a problem. I have tried 2 different Nokia phones now - a model 6700 Classic, and now an Asha 300, and both phones, I'm able to pair them and use the speakerphone, but when I try to transfer my contacts from the phone to the car system, it says "Transfer Failed". There is no way (that I can see) to transfer contacts from the phone, or enter contacts directly into the car's head unit, with either phone. With my wife's Motorola Krzr K1, however, I was able to pair it and transfer contacts.

Can anyone help? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I work for Nokia and just tried a couple of mine that I have around the house. With my Nokia X7 (series 60 symbian)...I cannot transfer contacts. It has quite an older SW version though. However with my Nokia 710 (W7)...I can transfer with no issues. Your phone has series 40 symbian if I am not mistaken. I do not have a series 40 at the moment to try it. Perhaps it is something with Symbian OS though since my series 60 appears to not do it either and your 6700 is also not working which is also a series 60.

Do you have your contacts on the SIM or on the phone memory? That is the next thing I will try...perhaps one way or the other will make a difference.

Or consider upgrading to the 710, 800, or 900 :) Seems W7 OS is working great with this transfer feature.

3. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow, thanks for the reply! Yes, both of my phones (the old 6700 Classic, and the new Asha 300) are S40 operating system. Unfortunately I don't want to pay for a data plan so I've been sticking with non-smartphones. I really like the S40 OS, actually, I think it works very well.

I have my contacts in the phone memory, not on the SIM. Anything else you can find out would be appreciated! I'm puzzled because both phones, according to the specs I could find on the web, support OPP and PBAP, so it seems like they should be able to transfer contacts to the Prius.

On a related note, I find it dumb that the premium HDD nav interface is such that if you can't transfer contacts from your phone, there is absolutely no way to enter contacts into the address book directly using the touch screen in the car.

4. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone?? I still haven't been able to get it to work.