1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does anyone use RejeX on their Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bowenj405, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bowenj405

bowenj405 Junior Member

Does anyone use RejeX (http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html) on their Prius?

The reviews sound quite promising - but I wondered if anyone had first-hand experience with it?

2. eestlane

eestlane Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Rejex works quite well, I have used it on my last few cars including my 04 Prius, a couple of Hyundais, and now on our 07 Prius. Florida's love bugs just slide off the Rejex by lightly rubbing them with a dry paper towel. Be sure to read and follow the application instructions for best results. I have only applied it at the locations that the bugs tend to hit (front end, mirrors, top just aft of windshield, etc.). If you apply it over the whole car (somewhat expensive) you may even gain a few tenths of mpg due to the slicker finish. Less friction drag, as we aerodynamics type people say. :rolleyes:

3. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bowenj405 @ Oct 10 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]523841[/snapback]</div>
    Bowenj405,

I believe Jonjonbear has used it and recommended it to me. Look at his comments on thread of "Finally, pics of my '08 Touring Prii" by Sliderule, dated today.

4. bowenj405

bowenj405 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sliderule @ Oct 10 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]523871[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the note, Sliderule.

There are lots of references to RejeX in that thread. Looks like I'll be ordering some soon. Thanks again!

5. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bowenj405 @ Oct 10 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]523977[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it is amazing..The car is so slick..Someone made a comment that it would be expensive to do the whole car? :blink:
    I bought the 19.95 bottle, did the entire car including the wheels and the hood three times and the bottle is still 3/4 full..I plan to do my Miata and Chevy gas hog pickup too..The bugs on the bumper I wipe off with a damp paper towel..The best thing about it is that it is about the easiest product I have ever used..Basically wipe on, let dry and wipe off..It does say to keep the car from the elements for at least 12 hours so if you have a garage that should be no problem. If not try to do it in the shade on a day it won't rain or stuff..I can't believe it took me so long to learn about it but I learned about it here..Find it here:
    http://www.rejex.com/

I think it is made here in Texas. I emailed the gentleman who sent me my order confirmation and asked him how to remove it, as we just ordered the side body moldings and he said that it is so durable you need to use a good polish to remove it as even solvents don't mess with it..Was nice to get a real person who was interested in what I was doing with his product...

John

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eestlane @ Oct 10 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]523849[/snapback]</div>
    Hehehe..I wonder what it would do to aerodynamics..It sure is slick! I am hoping to squeeze a tiny bit more out of our 2000 Silverado..You know since we have learned to "hypermile" we have actually gotten almost 20 mpg COMBINED out of the truck? It always has gotten above average mileage but that is great..I think because it was ordered with the heavy duty package it has really tall gears in it along with the larger engine..We hardly drive it anymore unless we are going to the Home Depot or hauling something around..

John

6. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bowenj405 @ Oct 10 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]523841[/snapback]</div>
    I'll find out. I ordered a bottle from the local True Value and it should be in today.

7. John Michael

John Michael New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just used Rejex on my new Barcelona Red Prius. It really does look nice and it actually feels slick to the touch. I believe I am going to keep on renewing it as a protectant and because its just plain good looing.
    Don't be fooled, though. It is not exactly wipe on wipe off. It does, in fact, take a little elbow grease... Seems to be good stuff though.