1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Coastaltech deny sales to Canadian customers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Fibb222, May 9, 2007.

1. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I tried to contact them by email a couple days ago and got no response.

So today I tried to purchase an EV mod but after entering my card info this is what their website spat out at me:

I even used my USD credit card.

Anybody else in Canada have this problem. If it ain't a glitch, is there anybody in the USA willing to be a go-between for me?

Thanks

2. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fibb222 @ May 9 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]438635[/snapback]</div>

yeah it looks like it.. i was in your position before... so i recommend going to the calcars.org site and download how to install ev mode button. It doesn't look so hard ... just long.

3. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philmcneal @ May 9 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]438642[/snapback]</div>
    Uggh! I've seen the instructions on how to do it with a radio shack button. It doesn't appeal to me at all. Way too scary!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    oh man... I do not know. I bought it from them but that was 2 years ago. Ordered in April, got it in mid June.

Why not go for the OEM switch? It's a bit more work but it looks better. I like Coastal's cause it was hidden and "easier" to install but now I'm wishing I had the button cause I'd rather push a button than have to hold the CC button for 2 seconds and hope it engages/disengages haha.

5. DjEZ

DjEZ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So its not just me who have this situation. I was trying to purchase now and got the same response(today).