1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does it feel any cooler?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does it feel any cooler? Will Global Warming be reversed?

As we are well aware, the Flying Spaghetti Monster has proven the Global Warming is a result of a decline in the pirate population. Since the pirate population is now on the rise, will global temperatures start to cool again?

One can only speculate.....

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's been down right hot here. We set a record the other day 81 deg F. The previous record was 74, but I don't know what year it was set in. Been dry too. We're set to see a 30 drop in temp tomorrow, replete with ice pellets :eek:, but then warming up into the 50's on friday. So on the whole, it's been very warm fall. We're supposed to see a very cold winter, but so far we've seen the opposite. Of course, last year, NOAA scientists feared that we were going to have an extremely dry winter and they couldn't have been more wrong.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Perhaps only India will be experiencing a temperature drop since that seems to be where the pirates are.

5. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You mean Somalia. Indonesia has a long, proud tradition of piracy, but it's been in decline for a while. Somalia, OTOH, is going nuts ATM.

6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Colder than normal here for the past month. Quite noticeable because the last 3 years, at this time of year, we were ABOVE normal. So no one is prepared, or happy.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Well, I guess it would be all countries surrounding the Indian Ocean. The pirates may be land based in Somalia but the Indian Navy just had some success sinking one of their mother ships. I know they are prevalent around Indonesia too. So I'd guess that entire area of the Southern Hemisphere will be experiencing a reversal of Global Warming and perhaps an increase in spaghetti, beer and volcanic action?

8. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah, there are several Navies that contribute ships to patrol the eastern coast of Africa. I believe that the US Fifth Fleet has some ships there. Glad to hear that the Indians have had some success there recently. It's a bit of a mess. The people of Somalia don't have anything better to do with themselves (Piracy is a large part of Somalia's GPD basically) and the approaches to the Red Sea, and thus the Suez Canal, is a prime hunting ground. Some shipping companies are actually going old school and sending traffic around the Cape of Good Hope.

9. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It's been freezing up here in MN the past few weeks... Personally, i blame former Governor Jesse Ventura and The Fish Police.

With all these pirates steeling fish from our waters locked up, the temperature was bound to drop!

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Global Warming was a bit of a misnomer from day one. Global Climate Change is what it should have been. nearly all climate change models predict areas like England to have an extreme temperature drop...

other places like the balmy American Southeast is supposed to resemble the American Southwest... so some places will be hotter, some warmer.

otherwise, the Pacific Coast is supposed to be drier, a bit colder...

11. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    it's warmer then normal this time of year around here. I think last night was our first night below 60. Should start getting colder here pretty quick though, enjoying the days getting some cycling in before the season is over. I am not hardcore enough to ride when it's in the 30-40's

coldest I ve seen it here was 9 years ago when we had a week of snow. Was down in the upper teens. Pretty rare, most winter's it avg 35