1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does NAV give turn-by-turn directions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by VoicesInMyHead, Jun 16, 2005.

1. VoicesInMyHead

VoicesInMyHead New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    folks.

I own a Garmin routing GPS unit. One of the features I love is the fact that it will find routes between where I'm at and where I need to go, and gives turn-by-turn directions.

For example, when I come up on a turn, it gives me a heads-up about a mile or so away (depending on my speed), and gives me a detailed close-up map of the turn. This detail stays on-screen until I've completed the turn, then it goes away and the usual map comes back.

This occurs on every turn, and is extremely handy. (The Garmin GPS with the City Select database also has extremely detailed interstate ramps).

Does the Toyota NAV system offer this kind of functionality?

2. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VoicesInMyHead\";p=\"99095)</div>
    Yes. :D

3. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    Yes the system will give a display indicating the next turn direction, and gives verbal instructions about 1/2 mile ahead of the turn. about 100 yards ahead and then when the turn occurs -

generally it's spot on.

If you miss a turn, it will recalculate and then start giving you updated directions to your destination.

4. VoicesInMyHead

VoicesInMyHead New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Most excellent.

Thank you for the help.

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes/No. Depends where you are. There are several spots so far in El Paso that my turn by turn navigation will not work. I used to have the Garmin Quest and that one gave me driving instructions everywhere. I also hate that the updates for the Garmin are $70 and for the Prius $250.