1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does NAV talk over the Bluetooth on phone calls?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CBarr31, Jan 31, 2016.

1. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I drove a Prius 3 Touring tonight but it was only a limited test drive so I didn't get to pair a phone and test it so I am hoping new owners can answer the questions below. I originally asked about these in another thread but it got buried quickly. I am hoping for better answers now that I can post in the Audio and Electronics forum.

1. Does the navigation talk over phone calls when you are on the phone using Bluetooth? This is a registered complaint with the NHTSA but hasn't been corrected yet that I am aware of.
    2. Are there any useable voice commands for the NAV? "Suspend Guidance", "Resume Guidance" being the most important. This was taken away in the new NAV's with Entune for both Toyota and Lexus and hasn't returned yet. At least as of 2013 with our Lexus RX450h. Pretty sad when a 2006 Prius with 430 miles has a better NAV than a Lexus luxury SUV, LOL.

Ema is still running great <knock on wood> so I'm pushing her towards 500K but after seeing and driving the Gen IV I do have kind of an itch to get a new one. Unfortunately these, the Stormtrooper white cup holder area, the 106 limit on memory points and a few others are strikes against the Gen IV.

Happy driving,
    Chris

2. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    WRT #2:

The spoken command "cancel route" seems to work well everything time. Other commands, not so much.

Edit: Suspend and Resume Guidence work too.

#2 ATHiker, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Chazz8 likes this.