1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Navi have a "auto-dim" for night

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by iwarshaw, Jan 4, 2011.

1. iwarshaw

iwarshaw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius IV with Navi. At night I manually dim the accessory dash light dimmer to switch from day to night mode in the Navi. Should this happen automatically? I can't find a setting for it.

Ira Warshaw
    North Palm Beach, FL

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It should happen automatically. Does your Navi GPS screen background change from white to black when you turn your headlights on? It should unless you have Day Mode On set.

If not, press the Display button on the side of the Nav. Then turn your headlights on. A tab should appear at the top of the screen that says Day Mode Screen Off or On.

The Day Mode screen background is white and the night mode is black. If you want to stay white with headlights on, select On. If not, select Off.

When on Day Mode, the dimming when headlights are turned on is not very noticeable but you should be able to see it dim slightly.

3. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced