1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the "0" (base) Model have an aux in?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stevehc, Dec 29, 2005.

1. stevehc

stevehc New Member

I'm about to buy an '06 and really only want the option for plugging my Zen Micro (like an IPOD) into the stereo. I can't figure out if the salesman I talked to today was right when he said all the '06's had that "aux in" jack ... because I notice that the option packages starting with the second one (HE) say " ...MP3 capability, MP3 input jack and six speakers ..." while I don't see that for the first option package (GY) and I can't tell from reading standard specs (i.e., no options at all) what the stereo is - apparently it's an AM/FM with CD capability, and 6 speakers (same 6 as the "HE" option?). Also noticed that the car we were in had the plug inside the armrest - guess you just let the cord run outside and leave the player on the pax seat, if you want to have access to your MP-3 player controls.

If any of you are certain of the answer, I'd sure like to know, 'cause I could then stick with the base model and save some bucks. As a matter of interest, I presume that the base stereo can NOT play MP-3's burned onto a CD (also only mentioned with "HE" upwards)?

Any further info you may feel will be of interest will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks for your help

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Toyota's initial-release printed matter left room for doubt, and I haven't seen anything newer yet about that. It sure sounds as if pkg #1 (there is no "0") has a somewhat lower-level stereo with no aux jack. But no one here has bought a #1 yet that I know of.

Where do you live? SoCal dealers sell #1s. You could go to carsontoyota.com and call Dianne Whitmire or one of her assistants (same phone). They'd know, and are usually helpful enough to tell you (or even check), even if you're not one of their customers. (Dianne's also a PC member.)

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

You'd have to special order the base model from the factory.
    From the Toyota.com Vehicles Prius eBrochure,it appears that neither Option Combo A nor Option Combo B (FE, Package #1) come with a radio.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

They all come with a radio If you look under Models and Prices, it does list a radio as standard, but the MP3/WMA/Aux In is an option. It seems all the packages, except for GY have at least MP3/WMA/Aux-in. I don't see an FE package.

5. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Oops, my bad.
    (GY, Package #1)
    It looks like the link I supplied probably requires a session cookie or something.
    To get to the eBrochure, you'll have to click "eBrochure" on the www.toyota.com/prius page and then the "Go" button in the "Download a General eBrochure" section.