1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

does the 8 year 100k warranty cover the electronic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Mar 24, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

I'm one of the unlucky ones that did not own a corolla that lived up ot reliability rates, mine had alternator and therefore all sorts of electrical issues. I know there is 100K waranty on the battery but does that include things like the start button, the electrical displayst ie the touch screen, tetc. TIA!!!!!!!!!!!

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think that if you want the MFD covered you'll need to go with the extended warranty.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the stuff covered to 100k includes the hybrid battery and related systems, but the touch screen has nothing to do with the battery. that stuff is covered under the general 3/36 warranty. no manufactuer is going to give you a 100k bumper to bumper warranty. you can buy an extended warranty for about $1000 that will cover most of those types of items.

powertrain items are covered for 5 years/60k (iirc)

but big ticket items (touchscreen, radio unit) do have out of warranty exchange programs where you can get a refurbished unit for 10% of the cost of a new one. toyota tends to take very good care of their hybrid owners as a response to us taking a small chance and investing in something so different.

4. slortz

slortz New Member

Since I just responded on another thread about this I might as well lay it all out from the Toyota site on the Prius Warranty. And I agree that it doesn't look like the MFD is covered beyond the 3yr/36K basic warranty. http://www.toyota.com/prius/models.html

Every Toyota Car, Truck and SUV is built to exceptional standards. And that's not idle boasting. We back it up with these Limited Warranty Coverages:
    Basic: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).
    Hybrid-Related Component Coverage: Prius' hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

Powertrain: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).
    Rust-Through: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).
    Emissions: Coverages vary under Federal and California regulations. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.
    Accessories: Warranty coverage is for 12 months, regardless of mileage. If the part or accessory is installed during the New Vehicle Warranty period, coverage is for 12 months or the remainder of the applicable warranty coverage, whichever is greater, with the exception of car covers, which are covered for 12 months only.
    You may be eligible for transportation assistance if it's necessary that your vehicle be kept overnight for repairs covered under warranty. Please see your authorized Toyota dealership for further details.

For complete details about Toyota's warranties, please visit www.toyota.com, refer to the applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet or see your Toyota dealer.

5. cmwade77

cmwade77 New Member

ZThey dop have great extnded warranties and in many cases you can purchse a warranty as though it's a new car, even if the car is slightly used, my car had about 20,000 miles on it and the Kia dealership where I bought it from (who also owns a toyota dealership) offered me the new car warranty from Toyota for a littl bit of nothing, of course I took them up on it, just to be safe.