1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the In-Dash 6-CD Changer Have a CD Changer Port?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read just about every single post on the subject of integrating an iPod, and I'm totally confused. It doesn't help that the manufacturers' web sites often conflict with real-life experience.

I just got off the phone with a tech support guy at Peripheral Electronics (makers of the iPod2Car). He said there is a "50/50 chance" it will work in the Prius, since there are two different Toyota head units out there. He said to just try it and see if it works. I asked if "working" meant that the audio came through, or that it didn't disable the CD changer. He said you can't use a CD changer, because you have to plug the iPod2Car into the same port. I said I meant the in-dash factory CD changer. He said the in-dash unit doesn't have a CD changer port in the first place, so you can't use the iPod2Car at all.

I thought all the Toyota units have changer ports. Can someone set me straight?