1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does the tooth fairy exist?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, May 19, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

[​IMG]

My 5 year old son will soon be losing teeth and I am very troubled by the thought - does the tooth fairy exist or not? If so, what does he/she look like? And why does he/she want children's teeth? For some nefarious end? If not, will I be on the hook for payment and if so, for how much? Has inflation affected the going rate for teeth?

I think maybe he or she does, because all my life I have been told so and there are books that say so, too.
    But I have never seen him or her, so lately I must confess to having some doubts. I wouldn't go so far as to say I am an afairiest yet, but my faith is slipping fast.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Regardless of the existence issue, for a moment, let's assume the Toothfairy does exist. Would you be more, or less, comfortable if the toothfairy was male?

What if Fairy's came in pairs and it was two male fairy's holding hands?

I mean, after all, Michael Jackson managed to taint the image of Peter Pan for a while... :ph34r:

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 19 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]258101[/snapback]</div>
    Please be assured, I am not homophobic (nor xenophonbic either, but let's not get back to that). I don't care if the tooth fairy is straight, gay or bi as long as he/she/it is not a pedophile (I'll have to look it up on the internet) No, what really bothers me is that I have met people who actually question the existence of the tooth fairy. What could be next? Are they going to tell me Santa Claus is fiction?

4. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 19 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]258108[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not homophobic either, but I would prefer the toothfairy to be female. Then again, the kid's 5 so it isn't going to matter at all.

You know, IM not so very humble Opinion ( :lol: ), you're only a child once, make it *magical* for them... Or they'll end up like certain bitter PC posters.... :lol:

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 19 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]258113[/snapback]</div>
    My son has no problems with believing in the tooth fairy. It is me that is having an existential crisis. Everyone tells me he exists. Every polititian swears he believes in the tooth fairy, and yet I have doubts. What is the meaning of life without the TF? Isn't it all just a dreary, pointless, joyless existence without TF? At the end we wind up sans everything - sans friends, sans teeth!

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 19 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]258113[/snapback]</div>
    Have your kid make a special box to hold the tooth. They can reuse it with upcoming teeth. Leave signs of the fairy's visit. Maybe there is something better than $ that they really want from the Fairy?

7. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There was a Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon where a kid finds a note under his pillow saying something to the effect that next time the tooth fairy comes back, he is going to take them all. Something along that line can be found at:

http://www.theagitator.com/archives/014260.php

- Tom

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Sometimes the "Similar Topics" feature of PriusChat cracks me up. There are a bunch of "bluetooth" threads listed below....

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ May 19 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]258128[/snapback]</div>
    What, I should "leave signs of the fairy's visit? You seem to be implying that the tooth fairy does not really exit. You are not an afairiest, are you? I have heard that afairiests are usually communists too, and are to be avoided at all costs.

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 19 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]258082[/snapback]</div>
    "Know that rattle when you shake up a can of spray paint? That's a kid's tooth!"- Bart Simpson

11. AntonSzandorLaVey

AntonSzandorLaVey New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 19 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]258148[/snapback]</div>
    I too believe that you could very well become a tooth fairy.

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AntonSzandorLaVey @ May 19 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]258163[/snapback]</div>
    Glad you said "tooth" :)

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ May 19 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]258130[/snapback]</div>

Better that than the "kidney fairy" where you wake up in a bathtub full of ice.

14. Mystery Squid

Or what if it was a "penile" fairy whereas thereby you wake up 'nullo'?

:ph34r:

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

What? No one has proof the tooth fairy exists? Ok, that's it. No matter what everyone says I'm going to become an afairiest. That's right. I no longer believe. I will just have to put some money under the pillow myself. Wait a minute --- I don't seem to have the disposable income. I hope my son takes visa. As for Santa Claus, l'll leave that decision to December.

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, Jared, there is no tooth fairy. It's a fantasy, created to comfort people and allow them to get on with their lives without having to dwell on the big scary issues, like...losing teeth. Of course, this is only my evil interpretation, and I seem to be in the minority on this issue. Not that reality would change if we took a vote, but be warned that some people feel this 'world view' is an attack on their freedoms, and will respond accordingly. :)

17. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 19 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]258187[/snapback]</div>
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

By my count, jared2, your cast went completely over the heads of the first five respondents.

Then again, to their credit, the fishhook was quite obvious & perhaps they refused to take the bait.

Well, I say if your kid wants the tooth fairy to show up, he'll just have to get down on his knees and do some honest worshipping! :lol:

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ May 19 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]258206[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, it's Friday afternoon, nice sunny spring day (at least here). I think it's more like a bunch of kids outside together tossing the ball around and saying whatever comes to mind.

(What the heck am I doing in front of the computer! I'm going outside for real!)

19. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some of us cannot go out to play yet so PC is the best diversion we can manage at this time.....

20. jared2

jared2 New Member

I have bad news. Since I have, as my son puts it "gone over to the dark side", he will not talk to me. I am being shunned. I had no idea being an afairiest would earn me such opprobrium. My neighbors are starting to be a little cold and aloof as well. Help!