1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does this phone exist?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by zzyzx, Aug 19, 2006.

1. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

So I went to the Sprint Store yesterday to look for a bluetooth phone. The phones I were looking at were really cool and had lots of fun features and I was about to buy one, but they were all lacking one feature. They had a notepad function, but there was no way to put text from your computer into the notepad.

Why?

The phone can transfer files to and from a computer. However, the notepad app can't open a text file. I could send myself an email but you can't read them offline - useless if you want to check flight info when you're on a plane. I could send myself a text message, but that's limited to 128 characters.

So is there a phone that does all of this:

(1) Allow me to use it as my travel brain by storing text files on it for flight information.

(2) Has a camera

(3) Plays mp3 ringtones

(4) Works reasonably well with the Prius.

If so, please point me towards it.

2. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zzyzx @ Aug 19 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]305958[/snapback]</div>

Palm Treo 700 - Sprint has them.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You must not have looked at any PDA phones. Our Sprint Treo 650 does all this. And the newer 700p would too. I imagine any PDA phone would meet your needs if you can verify it works with Prius.

4. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

I forgot to add:

"And doesn't cost $8,000,000" ;)

I currently have a palm phone. I might have to keep using those.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    SMS texting is limited to 160 characters. Just a little fyi