1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does Torque Pro access everything with Gen 4 LE?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MonkeeMan, Mar 9, 2024.

1. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I’m still trying to figure out what is a mystery to me. I have Torque Pro and I bought a VLink MC+. Torque recognizes that my car is a Prius yet it won’t receive data on a lot of things in the realtime data list, particularly the hybrid cells. When I go into the settings of Torque, it lists Gen 3 and 2 but not 4. Is it just not fully compatible with the Gen 4’s?

2. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Have you added the Prius PID to Torque?

3. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    It immediately sounds like I haven’t because I assumed since it sees my car as a Prius that that’s all it needed. What do I have to do for this step? I have been feeingl like there’s something I’m just not doing right to make this work.

4. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You go in the settings, then choose the option to manage or add PIDs. In that screen, hit the three dots and chose the option to add a predefined set of PIDs. Choose the one that is pertinent to your Prius.

5. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    ok, thank you! I’ll probably be able to do this on Sunday. I’ll report back!

sylvaing likes this.
  6. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I did this tonight. I thought I’d done this already, and it looks to me like I had. When I tap “manage PIDS” I see all kinds of Prius options (indicated first by “[PRIUS])”. When I tap on one it asks if I want to edit or delete. This list should be the list of options available to me to measure when I choose Add Display, right? When I see Battery Block Voltage V01 thru V14, they all say No Data Received (car is powered on) along with many other items that say the same. From what I’m seeing, the option has to be visible before it will show available. But as I’m sitting here typing for the past few minutes, 6-12 went orange and says Waiting for Data, which is new because I never got any response from these options even when I waited for at least 5 minutes for response. 1-5 and 13-14 still show No Data.

7. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    well, I guess I’m going to assume that Torque Pro is not compatible with a Gen 4 Prius. I can’t find any info about it, there doesn’t seem to be any customer service for Torque ($5 doesn’t seem to buy anything but access to pro features), and most of the things that this app is supposed to read never comes up green for as long as I’ve waited for them to (more than 5 minutes). Car Scanner it is.

8. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Which data are you trying to get? I use Hybrid Assistant for an overview of the critical systems and Dr. Prius to get raw data from the battery.

9. MonkeeMan

MonkeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    From Torque specifically, I was looking to get info about the hybrid battery and secondarily the myriad of other things it’s supposed to give data about. I know I can get hybrid battery info from any other app as well, but I find Torque’s readout makes more visual sense to me than others. The problem is that Torque doesn’t seem to be receiving data from the car for nearly anything.
    I looked at Hybrid Assistant and it’s visually confusing and not a very friendly or intuitive interface to me. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t get used to it and use the app at some point, but I really wanted to see if Torque would come through on Gen 4.
    I do appreciate your ongoing help.

10. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Try a different bluetooth interface. There's a lot of variety out there. Some work well with certain cars and apps, others don't. Lots of counterfeiting going on, so even if someone says "Use the XXXXX" do what you can to make sure it's a real XXXXX.

I do not track which combos work best so I do not have a specific recommendation.