1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Does water screw with SKS somehow?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott_R, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not the RFID part, that is, but the door sensor.

Quite a number of times when I've washed or polished the car, I was wiping down the driver's or passenger's door when the car beeped. I had the fob in my pocket but hadn't touched the handle.

Just yesterday, I was standing several feet away, spraying the car down, and again it beeped (and unlocked). I wasn't even within arm's length of the car.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The sensor inside the handles are very sensitive, and water from washing the car can easily trigger them (and often does). if it's annoying, the best bet is to leave your keys somewhere out of range of the doors.

3. amitandrima

amitandrima New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Aug 16 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]304077[/snapback]</div>
    I recollect reading something like this in the manual a while back. After having read that, on several ocassions while washing my car i was waiting for the doors to automatically unlock or something like that to happen but it never did in my case.

4. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gyro @ Aug 16 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]304102[/snapback]</div>
    When I was programming my Homelink for the garage door, since I have the rolling type sensor, I needed to stand on a chair and reach above the car...the car was open at the time and the SKS was in my pocket and the door kept locking.

I was just checking to see where the button was on the motor...then I had to actually have the car on to complete the programming....

terri

5. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For smart key equipped vehicles, it is best if you turn off smart key before you start to wash the car. I do that when I wash the car and when I hand the car over to my detailer.

6. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

I think the car was just saying "thanks!" :)