1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dog grooming

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Sep 6, 2024.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The last time was $70 so I bought a $25 dog grooming stand and another $20 of anti-theft stuff. Mounted on a table at the dog park:
    upload_2024-9-6_18-17-15.png
    Fidgety doggies stay put and let me trim their excess hair. So what is a little extra dog hair at the dog park?

Bob Wilson

cyberpriusII likes this.
  2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this a new business for you?

What is with the anti-theft?

Took my two golden retrievers in a couple of weeks ago...at $140 for the pair. Thought it reasonable considering they are large at 100 pounds each. And that it costs me $60+ when I get my hair hacked. Husband pays $10 plus $3 tip.
    kris

#2 cyberpriusII, Sep 7, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW
    CUTE POOCH!
    kris

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The two height adjustment knobs were replaced by equivalent bolts with "T" nuts holding a light duty chain to the head.

The top telescoping part has a chain passing through the center with a 'chain knot' to prevent over extension.

A shallow hole, ~1/2", on the bottom of the table allows the clamping bolt to 'recess' into the the hole. The bottom knob was cut off leaving just enough for the big *ss vice grips to tighten.

I plan to return with JB Weld and make all the potentially removable parts less easy to remove. Yes, it could be stolen by exerting more time and energy needed than not. It is 'keeping' people honest.

The "mop" dog, Max, is about 11 lbs, and a year and a half old. Given by my girlfriend. He has a birth defect that gives him incontinence which is so perfect for this 74 year old man. <GRINS>

More recently, she gave me a chihuahua, Itty, who spent her first year without other dogs and poorly fed. She weighted 4.1 lbs when I took her to the vet and two weeks later, 4.5 lbs. She and Max are 'frenemies' with daily doggie games. Max and Lucy are teaching her how to be a dog and her barking has somewhat abated.

There is also an 11 year old, 23 lb, beagle, Lucy, a favorite of my late wife. Lucy loves all dogs except fort puppies who like to bite ears . . . and beagles have big ears.

Bob Wilson

#4 bwilson4web, Sep 7, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2024