1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dogs and the back seat

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Wanderer, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I thought I'd share a recent addition to my v. I travel with my dog frequently and wasn't confident the leatherette would weather lab nails well. I picked up a pet hammock off eBay for $13.95 with free shipping (link below) that puts my worries to rest. This item keeps the dog safe from falling on the floor despite the seatbelt/harness, protects the car and didn't break the bank either.

I added a towel that matches the interior color on each side to protect the door entry area. I tuck it along side the seat and fold it down as needed. This item hangs a little over an inch over each side of the back seat. It was a 5 minute install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BLACK-D...388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f1941cc

If you travel with an uncrated dog this is a great and affordable solution. I still recommend a seatbelt restraint as well for everyone's safety. No affiliation, just a happy customer. W

1 person likes this.