1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doh!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abeagler, Sep 14, 2006.

1. abeagler

abeagler New Member

My 2001 was rear-ended last week (by a car that was rear-ended itself, while at a red light). Damage not too bad, just awaiting a new bumper.

In the meantime I have a rental car, and every time I start it up - every time! - I just turn the key as far as I would in my Prisu, and then release it, forgetting that I have to hgold the key in starting position in a 'regular' car.

Every time! I feel like an idiot.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abeagler @ Sep 14 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]319870[/snapback]</div>
    I have been there and done that... many times over! Every time I drive my old Ford Explorer. Do you sit at stop lights and press the breaks harder, and harder to get the ICE to shut off?

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Ever get into a friends car and look for the button. Meanwhile your friend is looking at you like hey are you going to start the car or what? For a split second, you worry because you can’t remember how. Then you also realize you have to take the key out of your pocket and do something with it. After all that you still have to put the thing in gear God forbid it’s a standard. :lol:

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I could even figure out which key or how to put it in the ignition when I had to move one of our work Astro Vans....then I had to struggle with this stiff, heavy shifting lever....talk about DUH!

5. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    And then you hear the engine idling at a stop light for no reason whatsoever.

6. iaowings

iaowings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pirateprius @ Sep 15 2006, 12:13 AM) [snapback]319912[/snapback]</div>

I find my self always waiting for it to turn off. You all know that kind of heavy clunk stop that sometimes happens. I even asked my friend once “hey what’s wrong with your car the engine will not shut off.†The response I got on that one was funny at least to me. I was the dd and my friend said “I think Id better driveâ€. (Obviously, that did not happen.)