1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doing a friend a favor and helping him look for car help

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ridemyprius, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ridemyprius

ridemyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Hey everyone. So I have a friend who is looking into getting a new car but doesn’t know much about them to warranty a buying decision. I am trying to convince him to get a Prius or at least a hybrid car to help shave off the cost of gas but he remains intent on looking at all his options. Are there any sites out there that you might recommend preferably easy and simple to use? Thanks

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Most of the websites are slanted. Probably the best resource for comparison purposes would be to go to your local magazine stand / bookstore and buy the Consumer Reports Automotive issue for 2008. Most local libraries also carry it.

Your friend needs to decide what his needs and wants are from the car first.

3. touchmyprius

touchmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi there. So the more common ones I use (and these have been handed down to me by friends who have used it) are New Car Prices, Used Car Prices, Blue Book Value, Car Reviews - Official Kelley Blue Book Site, New Car Prices, Used Car Pricing, Car Reviews by Edmunds Car Buying Guide, and a new site Accelerate your car search which offers reviews on cars from their actual owners. These sites helped me out tremendously.

4. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just keep in mind if you're steering him towards a Prius they're at a premium right now and very difficult to find.

5. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    there are many options that get pretty good mileage....civic, yaris, fit....