1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dolly-tow a 2013 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Allan Hartman & Family, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Allan Hartman & Family

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We have a 2013 Prius that we'd like to dolly-tow behind our RV. I called the local dealership to order a threaded eyelet to attach a safety chain to, and he said not to dolly it, because it would "screw up the charging with the rear tires turning". Truthfully, he didn't sound too convincing, or even sure of his anwer as I querried him. Anyone clarify, and advise on the correct proceedure to dolly this vehicle?

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check your owners manual. There should be towing recommendations there.

RCO likes this.
  3. TheAdventureTravelers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello Allan,

My husband and I have a 2012 Prius C. We are currently towing our Prius behind our class C RV. We purchased an EZE tow dolly directly from Acme online. The tow dolly has worked wonderful with our Prius we have driven over 8,000 miles so far. We are currently in Canada and loving our set up. We have several videos on our YouTube channel about our tow dolly. We highly recommend the set up, because once we are in our camping area, it is wonderful to have our Prius to zip around all of the state and national parks. I can't imagine doing anything differently. It has also saved us so much money in gas. Here is the latest YouTube video that we posted about our Tow dolly and the Prius. Unfortunately, the video shows how we drove over our tow dolly LOL. But you need to know that there are fix-it solutions for everything!

Hope this helps!
    Melissa Harlow

The Adventure Travelers
    YouTube channel

Hello alle

Prodigyplace and RCO like this.
  4. TheAdventureTravelers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So sorry, here is the tow dolly video!