1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dolphin anti-theft interior remake

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bob Allen, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My three year old niece gave me the Dolphin at the Vancouver Aquarium.....it HAD to go in the Seaside Prius.[attachmentid=10628][attachmentid=10630]

Attached Files:

2. douglas001001

douglas001001 smug doug

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Now you just need to mod the system so it makes dolphin noises instead of beeping...

3. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Dolphin looks like he's doing an impersonation of Bruce.

4. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(douglas001001 @ Aug 15 2007, 01:05 AM) [snapback]495406[/snapback]</div>
    Funny you should mention that....I've already covered that in a way. A friend of mine gave me this rubber ball toy, about the size of a soccer ball, called a Piggly Wiggly that rolls around in my trunk. The Piggly Wiggly has three cylindrical tubes running through it at opposing angles. Each cylinder end opens at the surface of the ball. In each cylinder is a sliding disc, like a piston, with some sort of kazoo in it, so that when the ball rolls, the sliders move through the cylinders and air passing through the kazoo makes these Dolphin like-baby-Siamese cat noises which sometimes sound like actual words. If there are items in the trunk, the ball gets lodged in place and will be quiet for a while, then suddenly pop free on a left turn. The mechanics at my Toyota dealer got a big charge out of it. I call it the Voice of HUMU.

The Prius really needs a "HAL" voice to go along with the 2001-ish motif.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I love your flower vase. What blue bottle did you use for that? Water bottle?

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 01:40 AM) [snapback]495440[/snapback]</div>
    I've had the bottle for years. I think it was from a restaurant here in Seattle, and it was from a commercial bottled water company. The bottles were something of a collector's item as I remember. I like it too and am more than happy to lose one cup holder in order to have silk flowers and some color.

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I also love the flower vase!
    I've often noticed the new VW bugs with their ubiquitous bouquets, and wondered why we can't have something spiffy...
    :D
    Oh, and you have a fuzzy dash. Cool!

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just came across some Star Trek communicator badges while cleaning out my closet. I'm wondering if I can modify one for my power button. I seem to recall that one would make actually noises when depressed.

And I'm thinking one of my Orangina bottles might fit in that cup holder.

9. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Aug 14 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]495421[/snapback]</div>
    There is a site for different voices to announce when you have mail and I moved the HAL voice to my cell phone so when I get a text message HAL says, "There is a message for you". Probably available somewhere on the 'net!

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N_IL_Priusfan @ Aug 16 2007, 07:49 AM) [snapback]496812[/snapback]</div>
    I used to have something like this on my Mac. It worked through Soundmaster. I had two sets of voices/sounds; Star Trek and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. When I would empty the trash it would do the "beam me up" sound of the transporter. When there was a disk error (this was in the days of floppies) Marvin would say "It won't work". And when I first turned on the computer I'd get the "Welcome Earthlings" message from the beginningn of Hitchhiker's Guide.

I really miss that program.