1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dome light assembly removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eldaveed, Apr 12, 2007.

1. eldaveed

eldaveed New Member

I need to temporarily remove and then reinstall the dome light
    assembly from my 2007 Prius and have removed the two screws that are
    visible when the drop-down compartment for eye-glasses is lowered.
    However, the assembly remains fastened to the roof liner by some
    means. Any advice in releasing this retention will be appreciated.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi eldaveed, welcome to PriusChat. To help you better, what have you done so far? Have you removed the light lens to get at the screws there?

I vaguely recall reading a thread last year about adding a second microphone to that headliner unit. You may want to do a search for two mic and see what turns up. The poster described how he installed a second microphone so his soft-spoken wife could talk using the handsfree Bluetooth connection as a passenger.

Also, by adding this reply, it will bump your question up in the New Posts list, though I'm not sure how much good that will do at 00:18 on Friday.

What's your mod?

3. eldaveed

eldaveed New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Apr 13 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]422453[/snapback]</div>
    The only screws I could see were the two in the compartment holding the swing down eye glass holder. I did remove the lamp bezel but no screws were visible, only lamp sockets.

4. eldaveed

eldaveed New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Apr 13 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]422453[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks very much. I checked the thread and it looks like I got the info I need. Much appreciated.

5. drrjv

drrjv New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eldaveed @ Apr 13 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]422534[/snapback]</div>
    Here is the link (to save you a search):

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2...&hl=two+mic

(I am thinking about putting a Radar Detector in this space!)

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drrjv @ Apr 30 2007, 04:25 AM) [snapback]432452[/snapback]</div>
    hi drrjv, welcome to PriusChat! You'll get better MPG not exceeding the speed limit... And no tickets! Slow down and enjoy!