1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dome light - auto off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Beven, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Beven

Beven New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi All,

Just rented a Prius this weekend, and all went well! Took a 300+ mile roadtrip, and got about 50.9mpg! Wow!!! Now just have to look at the possibility of getting one...eventually. :)

Quick question tho (and I hope someone knows offhand) -- when dropping it off, I manually turned the overhead light on to make sure I had everything out of the car. Well, I put my keys in the drop box, and found that I left the dome light on! :(

Does the light automatically turn off after a certain amount of time? I'm sure it wasn't on the "door" setting -- I manually left it on... :(

Thanks!

2. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, as long as the switch is set to "door" the light will turn off by itself.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The OP said it wasn't on the door setting. If you leave it manually on, it will turn off automatically once the 12V battery is dead. :rolleyes:

Tom

4. Beven

Beven New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I decided to go back to the rental agency, and sure enough, the light was still on... :(

Thankfully, AAA to the rescue -- unlocked the door, and slid it back to "off" just to make sure it wasn't coming on again...

Thanks!

5. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the ones you have to watch out for are the map lights, if you leave them on, they will be on forever until your battery dies

when i first got the car i was always thinking i left the dome lights on, because the way the dome lights come on when you
    walk up to the car!