Dome light, key fob, clock, no radio, VSC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by paul2102, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Rick0757

Rick0757 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    man I wish you could make a video and send it to me cause I have an 08 Prius doing the same thing. I’m trying to follow your directions but I’m more visual.

#101 Rick0757, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Pietro_S

Pietro_S Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Have you taken apart your plastic part in front of the fuse box inside car on driver's side?

3. Ross Rabelow

Ross Rabelow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great chat everyone. I just followed your instructions on my 2005, that I recently purchased, and all of the functions you mentioned came back to life (radio, dome lights, fob, etc.). Thank you!

I have worked on over 100 Prius' installing reconditioned hybrid batteries, and now remember that many have had this issue, especially 2004s and 2005s. I actually thought that the fob had limited functionality in some models. This is a very common problem.

4. Knightrider

Knightrider Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Glad to see this is helping people.
    I had almost given up - but was very happy to see its helped 04/05!

5. PNWbluegen2

PNWbluegen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm actually having a bit of trouble following these instructions to get dome light, radio, SKS fob back. Any chance you could give me a summary of what steps i should take?

So far - I have checked dome fuse, it is good, but I get no voltage in the fuse's socket ( to ground).

6. LegoManiac

LegoManiac New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This happened to me when I was trying to change the Dome light from the original halogen bulb to an LED.

I swapped out the 15 AMP "Dome" fuse with the spare and the problem was solved.