1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dome Light Wiring at Kick Panel

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by LordsII, May 5, 2013.

1. LordsII

LordsII New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Does anyone know where to locate Dome Light Wires that run from Dome Lights to the Kick Panel on driver's side? And what colors are these wires? Thanks.

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    i would like to know too. i saw your other post about the rear cargo connector not being the same function as the dome light. i never knew that so thanks for the post.

3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Be sure to let us know what kind of light you put in. This is one of the only things I hate about the C, no interior light to shine for entire car. The back light can't be seen if the car is packed and only works when the hatch is up. I plan to install a light(s) when I find something that will work. I think we can find the color of the wire by looking at the front overhead interior light. I suspect it will be same color at the fuse box, and/or, under the dash somewhere. Can verify that with a volt meter and someone opening and closing a door.
    Dan

4. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    why not use led strips? attach them to the bottom of the seats? thats what i plan on doing. should be enough light to help the back area a little bit

5. LordsII

LordsII New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I am going to install LED strips for footwell, and cargo lights but they need to be connected to dome wire(s) so when doors open, they are on, visa versa or when you press the open button on keyless remote, they are on as well. Question is... where to find these dome wires at the kick panel on driver's side? From what I understand, dome lights have some sort of three wires.. one constant and two grounds (one ground for open/close, the other for OFF). I can't locate them and their colors though.

6. Netineti

Netineti Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Post some photos / instructions when you do this. I think a few other members have done this, but I have yet to see photos.

7. LordsII

LordsII New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    can't find the dome wires yet so can't install them as of now yet :) I know the procedures just need those hidden wires...

8. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    +1 i'm planning to do LED footwells - was thinking of doing a cigarette lighter adapter because i'm not familiar with wiring but would love to do it 'properly' ;)

9. LordsII

LordsII New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    For anyone who just wants to install the cargo light in the back, go to this link:

Hatchback light in C1 | PriusChat

Remember this is for cargo light only when you open the hatch. I tested it out and confirmed!

10. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it is a C1 or C2 try this (maybe even the 3 or 5 also)

At the under dash fuse box, in the rear of the box, there is a white 40 pin plug labelled (3b) it should be pin 6 in that plug

11. TxMedic83

TxMedic83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I did footwell lights, tapped into pin 2 (I think - It's the blue wire!) on QG1 - It's a harness that's located in the driver's side A-Pillar for the 12V source. Much easier than disconnecting the 3b or 3a harness off the ECU. I tapped the front door switches in each B post directly, and the rear seat door switches in MG1 (front pass. side cowl harness - blue and green wires) for grounds to each led strip. Not a hard project, but did take a little bit of hunting through the diagrams off TIS to get it right.

fourenty likes this.
  12. fourenty

fourenty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for this post. I just installed a strip of led lights on the front of the rear passenger bench seat. Your wire locations and colors were spot on. I had been wanting to do this from the first time I saw how dark the rear foot area was at night. I am so happy I went out to the car multiple times as it was getting darker and darker out to check out how nice it looks with light in the back seat area. I even called the neighbor over to admire the handy work. Thanks again!