1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dome tent

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bruceha_2000, Sep 28, 2004.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just ordered my mudflaps from toyota-parts.ca. After I finished I saw an item on the "popular" list on the lower right. a Dome Tent! Turns out it is for the Matrix but maybe it might fit OK on a 2004+ Prius. It has a 'hood' that goes over the hatch. The 8' X 8' X 76" 4 person tent is staked to the ground and you can drive off and return to your 'home'. Sounds neat.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Well, we've had at least one person on PriusChat who's gone camping with their Prius; given how much room you can have in your Prius if you fold all the seats down, it makes sense to me.

(But then, I never go camping -- B&B lodging all the way for me!)

3. smtrader

smtrader Member

Do you have a picture? I go camping with my kids and would love to take the Prius instead of the van!

4. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Click the link (bold italic Dome Tent! text) in my original post. It will take you right to the web site.

5. smtrader

smtrader Member

Interesting!! Did you get one? If so, does it work well enough?

The part that draps over the open hatchback must have an entrance into the tent and can be zipped up if you can just drive away and leave the tent, huh?

6. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Camping isn't in our current list of activities so no, I didn't get one. I thought there might be some PCers who would be interested though, so I posted it. From the description, yes you disconnect the 'sock' from the car and drive off. You can use the car to store stuff that would normally be in the tent at night - things you want access to but don't want taking up floor space in the tent.
    Please don't put your Coleman gas stove in the hatch and cook on it :)