1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Done Guessing - Traction, abs, parking brake, low tire lights on

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Raysp30, May 5, 2023.

1. Raysp30

Raysp30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Lots of lights, not too much to go on. Hoping for something stupid that I missed.

In addition to traction control, abs, parking brake, and low tire pressure lights, my small information display menu is missing some screens, I believe it has 5 of the 7 that should be there.

Replaced front brakes and rotors a few weeks ago along with new battery a few weeks ago. No problems. Checked the rear brakes last week and they looked brand new, but I went and replaced the drums since they were pretty rusted. Broke off a wheel stud yesterday trying to get the tire off so I hammered the old one out and put a new one in. Replaced drums. Started car and all the lights came on. I assumed I banged too hard on the wheel hub and must have broken whichever sensor is inside the hub. I ordered a new Moog wheel hub and put it in. So far as I know, the wire connector is seated correctly. With new wheel hub I still have all the lights.

No codes on scan tool. Nothing else to go on other than something to do with that rear brake. I have a hard time believing that I both broke one sensor hitting it too hard and believing that my new wheel hub has a bad sensor, so what else is it?

2. Raysp30

Raysp30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Problem fixed. It took a long time searching but there was a video explaining how to reset the brake system using a paperclip and two of the pins on the obdii port. Brake system reset and no more lights. I am willing to bet I did not need to replace the hub assembly to get it fixed. Kind of annoying how hard that was to find info for. On the plus side, the new hub spins a lot better than the old one with 80,000 miles.

bisco likes this.