1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Don't know what I did - SKS not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sumit, Oct 4, 2007.

1. sumit

sumit New Member

Last night went grocery shopping and when I was pulling out all the bags from the trunk, the fob which was in my pocket got pressed against the bumper for (i'd say 30 seconds). The car gave a big long beep and since the morning the SKS does not work. I have to press the unlock button on the fob to unlock the car and have to put the fob in to start the car.

Its probably some sort of a combination of buttons on the FOB that disengaged SKS but haven't been able to figure it out.

help

- Sumit

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sumit @ Oct 4 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]521364[/snapback]</div>
    You can't disengage the SKS from the fob. You can turn off the SKS from the button under the steering wheel. Make sure that one is not off.

Tom

3. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I definitely agree, the long beep could have been caused by the lock button on the FOB being pushed and a door still being open or some other combination, but chances are the button under the steering column has been pushed in the off position.

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Is it possible that the other fob is in the car? You will get that same long beep if you try to use the SKS to lock the doors when the second fob is in the car. If that's not it, then the previous posts have got everything else covered.