1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Don't know where to post/ask...

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Pinto Girl, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the pearl choker has made another appearance since I was shot wearing it; I'd like to change my photo.

Thing is, even after removing the old one and uploading the new one, the old one is still visible...

I even 'removed' it without adding anything new...same result.

Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

--Natalie

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've had issues in the past. Sometimes, I've had to go "extreme."

Remove the existing avatar. Exit the screen. Browse around a while.
    Then come back and upload the new one. Odd and quirky, but it works for me.

And what's wrong with the pearl choker. According to ZZ Top every girl loves a pearl necklace.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure it's not just the browser bugging out... often when you make changes like that the old picture will still be in the browsers cache, which means when you load the page the browser doesn't even ask the website for the image... it just displays what it knows.

in IE, go to tools, then internet options, then on the general tab click delete cookies and delete files - note, this will force you to log into all the websites again! auto login on sites like Prius Chat is done through storing a cookie, deleting it means you have to log in and have the site remake the cookie.

This is a VERY common problem among web developers, which is why we usually keep one browser for personal use and one browser for developmental use - that way when we delete all the files it doesn't slow up our personal use!

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jan 23 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]379572[/snapback]</div>
    I've sometimes caught myself wondering if they're....uhhhhmmmm...really referring to jewelery?
    [smile]

Thanks for all of the info; gonna give it a try.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Deleting cookies seems extreme, and is a colossal nuisance. If the browser is using a stored image, using "Refresh" ought to fix it, I would think. But then, I quit using IE a long time ago. I've been Bill-free for months, and much less stressed as a result.

Tony's plan sounds better.

As a last resort, email Danny. (Who is not me. I've had a couple of PMs from people who thought they were emailing Danny.)

Re: the thread title: "Don't know where to ask," there's a forum for website questions. But the question will certainly get more exposure here. I don't know if people often browse that forum.