1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

don't you hate perpetuated myths about energy required to produce a car vs. its consumption?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by cwerdna, Aug 3, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi cwerdna,

Good reply to that one.

3. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The absolute worst thing is that you click on that user and they have a bunch of comments on very technical issues, so clearly they are somewhat intelligent. This is far from a unique experience on slashdot (at least, it wasn't 5-8 years ago), or anywhere else for that matter, I suppose.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's too bad that the topic is not longer on the front of Slashdot and nobody has modded either post. So, the garbage still remains at 5 and mine still remains at 1. :(

5. Glider

Glider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    agreed - but even if the assertion were correct, would you solve it faster by producing fewer new cars or fewer new people?

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I find HYDROGEN to be the ultimate perpetuated myth about energy to MOVE a car vs. its non hydrogen consumption. Talk about a waste of billions ... and there's a thread in the 'hybrid news' that raised its ugly head. Decade after decade it keeps coming back, regardless of how many scientists laugh about its waste of energy & increase of greenhouse gas. It deserves nothing but a big base ball bat.