1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DontCrush.com - Toyota Agrees To Save RAV4 EVs!!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Areometer, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Drumroll...

Toyota has agreed to stop crushing salable, useable RAV4 EVs!!!! With several hundred cars left out there, this is dontcrush.com,s biggest win yet, and we applaud Toyota's choice to be responsive to their customers!!!

During the course of a 2-hour meeting with Toyota today, the dontcrush.com negotiating team worked out the following points, which will be finalized in writing over the next few weeks:

No more usable cars will be crushed- the definition of 'usable' is still to be worked out.

Current lessees shall have the option to continually renew their leases as long as the vehicle is usable, as defined by Toyota and the consumer.

>> Read more @ Rense

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't want to be overly optimistic, because terms haven't been finaliezed, but this seems like really good news!

I especially like that if a vehicle is not usable, it will be used for repair machines.

Anyone have an idea of how many were actually crushed?

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    This story reminded me of a vanity plate that I seriously might get: RIP EV1

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    WTG TOYOTA!!

as usual another good distinction between them and GM besides the fact that they are moving in opposite directions financially

5. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ford just announced something similar, except they're selling their Ranger EVs to current lease holders for $1.

6. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    At least it's good news. Better news would be they will make them again or bring the very efficient E-COM to the US, right now they are only in Japan where gas ir $6 a gallon.
    I've never seen the figure on how many RAV4 EV's were made or how many got crushed. Here's a note by CHelsea Sexton.
    Of approximately 1,500 RAV 4 E.V.'s built, more than half are estimated to still be on the road. Ms. Sexton said the group has compiled a long waiting list of potential buyers should any RAV4's become available.

Facing a barrage of criticism for pulling a gasoline-free car off the road, Ford decided to allow the remaining 100 or so Ranger E.V.'s to be purchased.

SMALL NUMBERS BUT A BIG STEP FOR CLEAN AIR.
    Jim