1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Armrest Fabric Wearing Prematurely

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by KJR, Jul 20, 2009.

1. KJR

KJR New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've got a black 2008 Prius with 1600 miles with gray leather. The door armrests have the fabric.

I've noticed the fabric on the driver's door armrest is wearing on the edge where it curves up from the vertical to the horizontal. It's not completely worn through but I can see definite wear. I realized from the beginning of ownership that the fabric on the armrests looked delicate. I've been very careful not to rest my arm or touch the arm rest. However, I didn't realize I was pushing a little bit on the armrest edge when opening the door. I wish they had covered the arm rests with leather.

Has anyone had their armrest replaced for premature wear under warranty? If this is not a warrantible item can the armrests be removed and recoved with a vinyl or leather that matches my grey interior?

Thanks for any advise.

Kelvin

2. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    AFAIK it's not covered by warranty. There's a thread around here where someone did a vinyl replacement for the armrests.