1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door damage - advice needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2009Prius, Aug 7, 2013.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Well there have been plenty of posts about backing the car out of the garage with the hatch back open and crashed, but I may have won the award of the first passenger rear door damage by backing out with the door open.

The door can still open and close, and when closed there doesn't seem to be any uneven gaps between the door and the car body:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But the inside where it hit the garage door frame it got some ripples in the sheet metal and paint scratches:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note the green arrow pointing to a hard to see paint crack/bubble.

And the door latch no longer lines up with the center of the catch:
    [​IMG]

I can touch up the scratches. How about the paint crack/bubble at the edge of the window pointed by the green arrows? I suppose I need to remove the black rubber weather strip? How?

How about the alignment of the latch? Can I just loosen the screws to relocate the latch up a bit?
    [​IMG]

Or is the door hinge adjustable? (but if I adjust from the hinge I may get uneven gaps with the door closed?)
    [​IMG]

Please help! Thanks!