1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

door edge guard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yoyoman, Jul 31, 2005.

1. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Anyone know where to mail order door edge guard? Not the body side molding. I went to autozone today and they only carry black color door edge guard. I need white color to match my white Prius05.

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

There are clear ones, but they popped off my door edge, and I don't want to bind them with glue, lest they take paint with them next time. Still looking for a good one...

3. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    ok.. Maybe I will put the door molding guard instead of the door edge guard. Maybe last longer and protect the door better.

4. craigcush

craigcush Member

I am on my way out so cannot look up to help, but I saw a discussion 2 hours ago on "mouldings" , do a search. i think it included a name to buy from. (Bell)?
    I am on another post for months waiting for a group buy, may search there too.

Just found it, Post to it to keep it active, good luck!!

http://priuschat.com/forums/door-protector...574bb023#111893

Craig
    Sedona, AZ

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got the black ones for my 05 black... but I don't know if they make white ones. Like KTPhil said, they make clear ones but I've seen those discolor easily.

You might think about getting some film protectant instead (like a ClearBra for your door edges) if you don't want it to be conspicuous.

6. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The clear door edge will not look good because I think the water will get in between and see dirty easily.