1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door edge guards recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by elmofongo, Jan 23, 2007.

1. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Any recommendations for door edge guards for my 2006 Silver Pine Mica?

I keep hitting the driveway wall when getting in and out of the car....

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elmofongo @ Jan 23 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]379631[/snapback]</div>
    My car came with them as well as black moldings around the fender wells. It was part of a $500 dealer added "convenience" package (dealer PROFIT!), but I decided to just take it anyway. I park where there are no obstructions, though my other car, a Subaru has a few door dings, and even along the fenderwell that the moldings might have prevented. You can see pictures on the Mods Forum under "Glamor Pics". Scroll down to the white 06 with sharkfin, black Prius decal and the moldings. I think it looks OK with the white paint, the moldings and decal all being black. Check it out. Don't pay $500 for it like I did. :eek:

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elmofongo @ Jan 23 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]379631[/snapback]</div>
    You can check my old thread and see if you like the one I have. I have no problem with it so far, it has saved me a few times hitting the tree when opening the door.

I had the edge guards on the back doors but they didn't look right so I took them off. You can buy a black color if you want.

As to where to buy them, see the last few post.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2...amp;hl=woodtrim

Dennis