1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door lock beep no longer working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hybridconvert, Aug 10, 2009.

1. hybridconvert

hybridconvert New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A few weeks ago, our door lock beep quit working. Doors lock fine (after some double or triple checking to make sure they are locked), but we can't hear a sound to verify the lock.

The doors DO beep when they unlock, but no longer for the lock.

We took it to the dealer thinking they might have bumped something since the noise quit after some service work, but they were all confused and said it wasn't possible for them to have "bumped" anything. They said we were lucky the smart key was working at all and that we could either pay $180 to have the diagnostic computer figure out the problem (then pay more $$ after that to have it fixed) or just deal with it.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it something that can be fixed? Should the dealer know what I am talking about?!

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You should tell them they are lucky they have any customers at all with that attitude.

I would find a different dealer for any service work.

I haven't had the problem that you report, although every so often the SKS is reluctant to lock. Usually by pressing the button a second time it locks normally. I think that sometimes it may be due to weak signal / interference with the key fob.

3. DAFTEK

DAFTEK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My Prius V has stooped beeping on lock recently and now it locks twice when i touch the handle, it beeps on unlock and opens doors like normal, i tried unplugging the battery but that has not helped. Any other thoughts?