1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Lock Chirp - How to make it do this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tmash, Jun 28, 2006.

1. tmash

tmash New Member

I picked my Prius up last Friday (a Package 1 Seaside Pearl with grey interior). So far no complaints. I like the car even more every mile I drive. The only thing that I would like is for the car to chirp/beep when I lock the doors with the fob. I know a lot of people don't like this option, but it is a peace of mind thing for me to know I hit the right button. I did a search on the forums and found nothing that says how to do this. Is this only available with the Smart Key System?

Thanks

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't know. Like you said, not everyone likes this option and I'm one of them. So I've been trying to find a way to turn mine off. Looks like we might have the same problem but in reverse.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking this is one of those options that have to be set by the dealer with a scantool. I think I remember seeing it in one the predelevery check lists.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jun 28 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]278002[/snapback]</div>
    If so, they should reset to your preference for the 12mo/12k mile period.

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have almost never used the remote lock button on the SKS. That would involve removing the SKS fob from my pocket, totally defeating the purpose of the smartkey. I routinely use the lock buttons on the doors and hatch, and that provides a beep inside the car which I can hear since I'm right next to the car when I do it, providing me with the desired "feedback" that the car is indeed locked. At night, it also kills the interior lights prematurely, another indication of successfully locking the car.

6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was looking over this document http://www.vfaq.net/docs/multi5.pdf and the only thing I could find was "WIRLS BUZZ RESP (Wireless buzzer response)" and above it was "HAZARD ANS BACK (Hazard answer back of the wireless)"
    I'm guessing the WIRLS BUZZ RESP is the one you want to turn on or turn off.

7. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tmash @ Jun 28 2006, 05:30 AM) [snapback]277968[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2004 package 3 without SKS, my car never beeps when I lock it, though if I listen carefully I can hear the locks click. I really would like it if it did beep, it's hard to know if I've locked it during the day as it is hard to see the lights flash, not to mention if I'm in a parking lot and have walked far enough to have other vehicles blocking my view of the flashing lights.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    mine does not chirp, not sure it can chirp and hopefully it never will chirp. i have not SKS...i believe that would be a factor

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine does chirp and flash the lights. I can here it on a quiet day but cant here it if i'm next to traffic.